HOW TO CLAIM EPF ADVANCE ONLINE
EPFO recently introduced the “Pandemic Advance Facility” for employees. With a public health issue coronavirus outbreak, it has been declared pandemic for the entire country. The employees working in an establishment or factories across India and who are a member of Employees Provident Fund Scheme 1952 are eligible to take the benefit of non-refundable advance. The Employees Provident Fund Scheme, 1952 has been amended to provide the benefit of non- refundable advance to the EPF members.
Below are the answers to all the queries related to the withdrawal:
1. What is the eligibility to file an online claim for the purpose “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)
Any employee who is a member of the EPF scheme, 1952 is eligible to file the online claim provided the member must have the UAN (Unified Allotment Number).
2. How much a member can withdraw?
A member is eligible to withdraw up to 75% of PF balance (includes both employee share and employer Share) or 3 months PF wages or the claimed amount by the member whichever is lower.
3. What is the purpose of this benefit provision?
Its purpose is to provide the non-refundable advance to the EPF members from their EPF account who are employed in a factory or establishment located in an area, which is declared to be affected by an outbreak of epidemic or pandemic by the Appropriate Govt.
4. What are those areas declared to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?
COVID-19 is declared as a Pandemic by the Government for the entire country and therefore the employees working in establishments and factories across entire India, who are members of the EPF Scheme, 1952, are avail the benefit of the scheme.
5. Is there any document which is required to be submitted with the EPFO?
To avail the benefits there is no documentation or certification which is required to be submitted with the authority.
6. Is there any pre-requisite for availing of the benefit of this outbreak?
To withdraw the amount following must be satisfied before:
- The UAN should be activated
- Aadhar number should be linked with UAN
- The bank account should be seeded with the UAN
7. What is the process to claim the amount?
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal
2. Go to Online Services>>Claim(Form-31,19,10C & 10D)
3. Enter Bank Account Number (as seeded against UAN) and verify
4. Click on “Proceed For Online Claim”
5. From the drop-down select PF Advance Form 31
6. The purpose to be selected will be “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)”
7. Enter amount required and Upload scanned copy of the cheque and enter your address
8. Click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”
9. Enter the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile.
10. Claim is submitted
8. As I don’t have access to the computer/laptop, then, in that case, how would the amount be claimed?
There is no issue if the member is not having access to the computers/laptop, you can use your mobile phone and opt either of the options:
i) log in to (epfindia) and follow steps 1 to 10 I above question to file a claim
ii) UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) Mobile APP Home> EPFO> Employee Centric Services> Raise Claim> Login with your UAN and OTP received on your mobile number registered with UAN to file a claim
9. Can an employee working in an exempted establishment get the advance to fight COVID-19 pandemic from PF Trust?
Yes, an employee of an exempted establishment can withdraw from his PF account maintained with the PF Trust of the establishment by making an application to the PF Trust.
10. Due to illness, I have withdrawn the amount before, can I withdraw the amount again due to COVID-19?
No matter how much and when the amount has been withdrawn earlier. The member can get the advance irrespective of advances availed earlier.
11. Any income tax rate provision for advance to fight COVID-19 pandemic?
The EPFO is serving the amount to fight against COVID-19 pandemic therefore Income tax is not applicable.
12. How much time will it take to get the amount in the bank accounts?
As the benefit is available to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, therefore, considering it an emergency the EPFO will credit the amount in the bank accounts on a priority basis.
13. What if the KYC is not updated on the EPFO member portal, I am not eligible to take the benefit?
To claim the advance UAN should be validated with Aadhaar and KYC of Bank account and the Mobile number is seeded in UAN. The following are the keypoint the member has to take care before submitting the claim request:
1. If your basic detail that names, date of birth and gender against UAN are the same as that in Aadhar, you can link your Aadhar through eKYC Portal.
2. In case of a mismatch in KYC details and details in the EPF account, please submit an online request for demographic detail correction through your employer. The bank account detail has to be digitally approved by the employer.
OTP will be generated on your aadhar linked mobile for submitting the claim online. So your aadhar should be linked with a mobile.
14. Is it possible that I can withdraw the amount which is less than 75%?
The maximum permissible amount is 75% of PF balance (includes both employee share and employer Share) or 3 months PF wages or the claimed amount by the member whichever is lower whereas if a member wants the lesser amount he can withdraw the same.
15. Is the advance for Natural Calamity’s purpose be treated as an advance for the COVID-19 pandemic?
No, you have to apply specifically for advance to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
16. I have not left my job. Can I withdraw PF to fight COVID-19?
Yes. You can avail this advance while still in service
The clarity has been given by the EPFO to the stakeholders so they can avail of the benefit of the scheme and fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The highlights are UAN must be activated, KYC must be completed, Number must be linked with Aadhaar for the OTP.
The NeuSource Startup Mind is the finest business startup consultant that offers various services of compliances along with the registration like Proprietorship Firm compliances, Partnership Firm compliances, LLP compliances, Company compliances, GST compliances, etc
Didn't discover what you're searching for? You can ask every one of your questions at 9540993525 (Pooja) / 9540003546 (Protima). Our specialists will be glad to support you.
Further, you can check our latest video on how to get DPIIT or DIPP Startup Recognition
Right guidance is all we need for a healthy business. Neusource is here to show you the right way which helps you to grow with your business. If you have this wish to build up your startups then neusource is the only choice for your business